From Calgary, Lethbridge and Montreal: Jaw Music
Performance Studies Speakers Series
January 4 - 6 & 22
In the Centre Court and the Engineered Air Theatre
- Wed. Jan. 4 - 6 PM - Centre Court: FREE
With - Michael Green
- Thur. Jan. 5 - 6 PM - Centre Court: FREE
With - Lisa Doolittle
- Fri. Jan. 6 - 6 PM - Centre Court: FREE
With - 2Boys.tv
- Sun. Jan. 22 - 5 PM - Engineered Air Theatre: FREE
With - Springboard Dance
The University of Calgary, Bubonic Tourist & Springboard Dance present:
Jaw Music Performance Studies Speakers Series
- Michael Green January 4 at 6 pm in Centre Court - FREE
Rodeo Curator Michael Green will be quizzed and prodded by Mutton Busting Curator Eric Moschopedis about the art of curation and creating community through performance.
- Lisa Doolittle January 5 at 6 pm in Centre Court - FREE
Doolittle’s talk burrows back through two decades of Rodeo Dance, uncovering its nature and jumping to some conclusions. Why dance? Why now? Why not?
- 2Boys.tv January 6 at 6 pm in Centre Court - FREE
Collaborative creation, cross-gender characterization, political subversion with reference to burlesque, vaudeville and circus, and the economy of means as transmedia artists.
- Springboard Dance - January 22 at 5 pm at the Engineered Air Theatre - FREE
Rub Up Against This - A casual panel discussion of new media and performance with artists, creative thinkers and audience members. Speakers include Slavica Ceperkovic, Denise Clarke, jamie griffiths, David Hoffos, Joe Laughlin and Nicole Mion.
- Bubonic Tourist’s Mutton Busting
- University of Calgary: Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Kinesiology
- Faculty of Communication and Culture
- Calgary Institute for the Humanities
- Centre for Research in the Fine Arts
- Springboard Dance