From Vancouver: Joe Ink
January 15 - 16
At the Big Secret Theatre
- Sun. Jan. 15 - 9:30 PM - $18
- Mon. Jan. 16 - 9:30 PM - $18
“Seamless integration of high tech graphics and contemporary dance.”
- Georgia Straight
Joe Laughlin is an award-winning dancer/choreographer and the artistic director of Joe Ink. jamie griffiths is an international gallery artist and experimental film director. Together they have forged a “new media duet” that will appeal to both adventurous dance fans and computer geeks.
In a distant galaxy, a cyber scientist seeks the source of humanity within her captive: a newly minted human subject. The dancer and the visualist manipulate banks of equipment by engaging interactive visual software, remote wireless cameras, and triggering motion and audio sensors.
Credits for Grace:
- Choreographer: Joe Laughlin
- Interactive Visual Design: jamie griffiths
- Composer: Leonard J. Paul
- Lighting Designer: James Proudfoot
- Light & Sound Mask: Diana Burgoyne
- Costumes: Lip Service, Nancy Black & Studio 55
- Artistic Director: Joe Laughlin
- Managing Director: Rena Cohen
- Technical Director: Jason Dubois
- Move It! Coordinator: Tara Cheyenne Friedenberg
Website: Joe Ink
Joe Ink would like to thank Canada Council for the Arts, Canadian Heritage, British Columbia Arts Council, City of Vancouver, Matrix Video, M-Audio and Epson.