Artists From Calgary, Montreal, Winnipeg & Toronto
January 4 - 28
In Centre Court
- Come and go when you please: it’s open to all and free of charge
Mere theatres can’t contain this madness, so we’re breaking out of these other three walls.
The Rodeo has reclaimed Centre Court for yet another rotating sideshow of quirky merriment.
The loose schedule:
- January 4 – 7: Zanymation - A projected installation by Quickdraw Animation Society that features graphic input from local animators and audience members.
- January 10 – 15: SKIN-PÔ.2 - Montreal electronic composer Marc Fournel creates a performative environment where participants trigger the high-tech gew-gaws in order to create a joyful soundscape.
- January 17 – 22: Synchro Wing Machines - This electronic installation by Winnipeg hacker Ken Gregory features “unscientifically built” machines suspended from the ceiling and moving together through space.
- January 26 – 28: Miss Canadiana - Red, White and Beautiful. Toronto media/performance artist Camille Turner, hyphenated Canuck herself, explores the fetishized display of “diversity” that multiculturalism has become. Come watch as she bakes cookies and challenges assumptions about Canadian identity and normative beauty.